Executive and Faculty Representative Elections
Information & Timeline
Elections have concluded for the 2021-2022 term. Here are your results:
President: Julia Cornester
VP Operations & Finance: Chris Edwards
VP Academic: Kareena Hart
VP External: Kelli Buckreus
Faculty of Business Representatives:
David Albert Newman
Faculty of Health Diciplines Representatives:
Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences and Education Representatives:
Faculty of Science and Technology Representatives:
Elections Nomination Form (available in January 2022)
Executive Committee Information
AUGSA has four (4) members on the Executive Committee that report to Council. This includes AUGSAs President, Vice President of Operations & Finance, Vice President Academic, and Vice President External. Serving one-year terms from May 1 to April 30, each position is uniquely positioned to advance the objectives of the organization with a primary focus on student representation and advocacy.
Faculty Representative Information
AUGSA has thirteen (13) Faculty Representatives that serve on Council for an elected one-year term from May 1 to April 30. This includes:
- Two (2) Representatives from Faculty of Science and Technology
- Five (5) Representatives from Faculty of Health Disciplines
- Three (3) Representatives from Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Three (3) Representatives from Faculty of Business
This Council represents the graduate student membership with each Council member representing their faculty. All meetings for Faculty Representatives are online using Microsoft Teams Meetings.
All Graduate Students are eligible to run in the AUGSA Elections. For Executive Committee positions you must reside in Canada. For some Executive Committee positions candidates are preferably located in Alberta.
- Executive Committee: Throughout their term voting members of the Executive Committee must be an Active Member of the Association.
- Council: All councilors must be active members in good standing and successfully complete at least three (3) University graduate credits during their term in office.
- Permanent full time AU staff are not eligible to run for either Executive or Council positions.
*Active members of the association includes all graduate students, program and non-program, at the University who are in good standing.