Athabasca University will be hosting a 3 Minute Thesis comepetition for all thesis-route Master’s and Doctoral students studying at AU.
The Faculty of Graduate Studies is please to announce the AU 3 Minute Thesis (3MT®) competition.
What is a Three Minute Thesis?
The Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) is a competition in which a student presents their research in 3 minutes. It was developed by The University of Queensland. The 3MT® challenges students to present their research concisely to a non-specialist audience.
Purpose of the (3MT®)
- To provide students with the opportunity explain their research in lay language.
- To showcase AU graduate student research.
- To expose AU students to the research of other graduate students.
Athabasca University’s Faculty of Graduate Studies will be organizing a 3MT competition for March 2014. Winners from this competition will be nominated to compete in the Western Regional 3MT competition to be held at the University of Calgary in early May 2014. Winners from the Western Regional competition will be eligible to participate in the National competition being hosted by the Canadian Association for Graduate Studies (CAGS) in late May 2014, to be held virtually.
Athabasca University’s Research Office has generously agreed to provide award money to partially cover costs for AU winners to travel to the Western Regional 3MT competition to be held at the University of Calgary.
Information Guides & Presentations
- Making the Most of Your Three Minutes 3MT: The Three Minute Thesis (PDF) – Simon Clews, University of Melbourne
- How to present your thesis in three minutes, or: (Three Minute) Thesis Idol, so you think you can explain what you’re doing? (Prezi) – Dr. Inger Mewburn, RMIT University
Stay tuned for further details and please contact email@example.com for more information.